Lingering Proclamation

I had prepared myself, worked up my courage, to tell my daughter this weekend. This weekend my wife is out for a conference and Martin is off to the coast to visit his girlfriend. This would have left my daughter and I alone in the house. I say "would have" because unbeknownst to me, she had made plans with a friend of hers to stay the weekend. So, I'm waiting for her to get back after the weekend. I had imagined telling her as me, not as him. But I'm not sure which way would be best. On one hand telling her as Beth lets her know it's not a joke, that I am who I say I am. Gives her the quick bandage pull and let's her deal. Or I could go in man costume what she is used to, comfortable and from her perspective, normal. Less of a shock I suppose. I'm still not sure, and I want to do it the right way.

So, for now, I will have the house to myself. Since I'm not hiding from anyone other than our youngest, it's not really a treat for me to be me. I will enjoy painting my nails and not having to take everything off before she gets up in the morning. So there is that. But I'm not going to hide this from her after this weekend. I'll deal with the outcome, all the while being hopeful that the outcome is pleasant. I love my daughter so much, I couldn't stand losing her. Please let this go well.