Beth's Next Day

Alright, so the day started out well, I showered, dressed and put on my face and hair. I was in that bubble, where everything seems to be coming up Beth. So pretty nice morning.

My wife and I binge watched the first three episode of the new season of Great British Bake Off. And apparently the Rob Lowe roast (to see Ann Coulter get roasted). Still a good morning and we learned what a Dampfnudeln is. R woke up (at her usual 10am on a sunday) came through the living room where we were watching tv and into the kitchen to find something for breakfast. She came back through the living room and said she was going to her room.

Several hours later I went in to check on her, as she usually stays in her room but not this much. She was upset and crying. My heart dropped, as I knew this wasn't about the movie she was watching on the television. I asked her what was wrong, knowing but hopeful that I was mistaken. She said things were changing so fast, and she didn't want to hurt my feelings. She didn't expect to see me the next day wearing a dress and wig and in makeup. It was sensory overload for her. I told her it's ok, that she only needed to tell me. I appreciated that she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but I am the grownup and I should have considered easing her into this. I was in my bubble I guess.

So I changed and we talked. She is still ok with things, just a little freaked. I told her we can take this slow, I will go easy and perhaps we take it one step at a time.

So not the greatest day, but not the worst day either. I just wasn't thinking. I have to remember, I lived with this for 46 years, she found out all of this, one day ago.

Bad Beth, you know better than this.